Turkey noodle salsa caboodle. Be the first to review this recipe. Just a simple way to use up the leftover turkey. I keep a bag of diced cooked chicken in the freezer to make this.
Use drained canned mushrooms to cut prep time or omit the mushrooms and use cream of celery or cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom. Start by cooking noodles in chicken stock. Check out my tips and tricks for saving money on this step. You can have Turkey noodle salsa caboodle using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey noodle salsa caboodle
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 16 oz of jar of chunky salsa (heat of your prefrence).
- You need 1 can of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 box of ronzoni 3 minute penne.
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- It’s of finely shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of noodles.
Turkey Noodle Soup from Delish.com is the perfect way to use up any leftover turkey after Thanksgiving. Chicken noodle soup is obviously our go-to. It's simple and fast and just so darn comforting. Cook noodles according to package directions.
Turkey noodle salsa caboodle instructions
- Brown ground Turkey and season as you prefer in a large deep pan. Then drain off fat. (dump it in a pasta strainer over the sink).
- Drain water from can of corn. Dump corn, turkey, salsa and beef broth all into pan and cover with lid. Let this juicy goodness come to a boil. No matter how mild a salsa you pick it will smell spicy while cooking. But I promise it really is not spicy if you use mild salsa (heartburn is not my friend we use mild haha!).
- Sometimes the 3 minute noodles can be hard to find. That's ok. You can use any box penne and add it to boiling water til it is half way done (I usually dump the noodles in the water while I Brown the meat).
- One the juicy Turkey salsa mix is a-boiling, add the noodles (if you boiled separately drain them. No one wants to eat pasta water.).
- Cover Turkey salsa pasta stuff with lid and let simmer away for about 7 minutes or so. (enough time to set the table and tell the kids for the 4th time to wash their darn hands).
- The noodles will absorb most of the liquid and that's ok..
- Finally. Scoop into bowl and top with shredded cheese, sour cream, or any preferred taco type toppings. You could even it it with Tostitos scoops!.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. The creamy delicious sauce and the fact that it's simple to. Fresh vegetables, chopped turkey and tender egg noodles combine in a dish that's the very definition of family-friendly comfort food. Put your leftover turkey to work in this quick and easy Turkey Noodle Soup! It's simple but delicious and perfect year-round.