You can make Collard Stock using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Collard Stock
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of ham bone or 2 pieces of bacon.
- You need 1 1/2 inch of thick cut of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of hot sauce.
- You need 3 of table spoons salt.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of pepper.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of onion powder.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of garlic powder.
Collard Stock step by step
- Throw everything in a stock pot and let simmer on medium for 4 hours. Keep adding water to keep the contents cooking. Taste every hour to see if you need more salt or pepper (I usually add more by hour 3, a tablespoon of each).
- When ready to cook collards or turnips or cabbage add 4 more cups of water and strain onions out. Its that easy!!.
recipe by aprilRae @cookpad