Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb). Ground turkey is sauteed in olive oil along with shredded carrot,mushrooms, garlic, and seasonings. Spread mashed potatoes over meat, and swirl with a fork. Bake in preheated oven until tops of mashed potatoes are lightly browned, about.
Healthy and easy to make low calorie recipes. Low-Fat, Low-Carb Shepherds Pie has all the taste without. Before going low carb, I used to make cottage pie all the time. You can make Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb)
- You need 1 head of Cauliflower (chopped florets).
- You need 5 clove of Garlic (minced or pressed).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Green onions (chopped).
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of Butter (all natural!).
- It’s 1 medium of Yellow onion (diced).
- You need 2 tbsp of Sour cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Shredded cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sweet pepper (color of choice, diced).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Carrots (diced).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Broccoli (chopped florets).
- You need 1/4 cup of Celery (diced).
- You need 1 can of Kernel corn (strained, rinsed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Ham (diced).
- You need 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive or coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Rosemary, fresh (minced).
- You need of Sea salt.
- It’s of Fresh ground pepper.
It was a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. If you don't care for lamb, make a cottage pie instead with ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken. And if you want to up the flavor and fat of the meat. Jump to Video · Jump to Recipe.
Turkey Shepherd's Pie (Low Carb) instructions
- Boil cauliflower until very tender. (About 40 minutes on medium heat) They should be so tender, minimal effort is needed to mash them..
- Strain cauliflower. Pat it dry carefully with a paper towel. Get as much moisture out as possible. If not, they become runny!.
- Mash with sour cream, butter, 1/4 cup of cheese, green onions and 2 cloves of garlic. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 400..
- Sauté ham, yellow onion and garlic cloves (3). Caramelize and set aside in a bowl..
- In the same pan as the ham, add oil and cook the ground turkey, salt and pepper. Toss in the veggies except corn. When nearly done, toss in ham, corn and Rosemary. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes,.
- Using a casserole pan (I used a 13×9), spread meat mixture evenly. (I had to strain out some liquid.). Spread the mash directly over the meat mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly on top..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Let cool. Enjoy!.
- Tip – deglaze pan after cooking ham with chicken broth. Adds a deeper flavor!.
This shepherd's pie recipe is keto approved thanks to a whipped cauliflower mash topping that covers juicy ground lamb and veggies. Pop it in the oven until hot and bubbly and enjoy this easy to make shepherd's pie. Shepherd's pie is a traditional dish that most likely originated in Scotland or northern England. It was a recipe developed to use leftover pieces of roast meat. Shepherd's Pie with Recipe Cauliflower Topping.