Banana cake with choc-walnut streusel.
You can make Banana cake with choc-walnut streusel using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana cake with choc-walnut streusel
- You need 2 1/4 Cups of Flour.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 100 Grams of Unsalted butter , room temperature.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of butter Melted.
- Prepare 1 1/4 Cups of Sugar.
- You need 2 of Eggs large.
- You need 1 1/4 Cups of bananas Ripe , mashed.
- It’s 2/3 Cup of yoghurt Full fat.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- Prepare 140 Grams of chocolate Bittersweet chips.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Walnuts , toasted cooled and coarsest chopped ..
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon ground.
Banana cake with choc-walnut streusel step by step
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C with rack in middle. Butter a 9-inch square cake pan..
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt..
- Toss together chocolate, nuts, cinnamon, melted butter, and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together softened butter and remaining 1cup sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, then beat in eggs 1 at a time until blended. Beat in bananas, yogurt, and vanilla (mixture will look curdled)..
- With mixer at low speed, add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated..
- Spread half of banana batter in cake pan and sprinkle with half of chocolate mixture. Spread remaining batter evenly over filling and sprinkle remaining chocolate mixture on top..
- Bake until cake is golden and a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely, right side up..
recipe by Shilpa George @cookpad