Butterless Orange Coconut Cake.
You can make Butterless Orange Coconut Cake using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Butterless Orange Coconut Cake
- It’s 1 Cup of Orange juice Fresh.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Orange zest.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of applesauce.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Maple syrup.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Flax meal (mixed with 6 tablespoons water).
- You need 1 Cup of Chickpea flour.
- It’s 1 Cup of Brown rice flour.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Walnuts.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of coconut , Unsweetened.
- It’s 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking powder.
Butterless Orange Coconut Cake step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease the inside of your tart tins with coconut oil. Mix your flax meal and water together and place in fridge to create a thicker texture (the flax meal is used as a substitute for eggs)..
- In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients: chickpea and brown rice flour, walnuts, coconut, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. In a medium bowl mix your remaining wet ingredients, including your orange zest and the flax from the fridge..
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry and mix well. Fill your tins right to the top, these cakes don’t rise much. Cook for 13-15 minutes until cooked all the way through. Let your tins cool and remove from pans. Sprinkle more orange zest and coconut on top or add a drizzle of raw honey..
recipe by Jessica @cookpad