Rainbow cake with vanilla buttercream icing..
You can cook Rainbow cake with vanilla buttercream icing. using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Rainbow cake with vanilla buttercream icing.
- It’s 3 cup of self-raising flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 6 medium of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 cup of margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each of different colours (i use powdered colours).
- Prepare of Icing.
- It’s 1/4 cup of margarine.
- You need 1/4 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of milk.
Rainbow cake with vanilla buttercream icing. step by step
- Pre-heat oven at 160°C. It's a slow-bake cake..
- Grease & flour a 7 inch diameter round baking dish..
- Sieve flour & salt. Keep aside..
- In a bowl, add margarine + sugar & mix well with a mixer at high speed till fluffy and creamy..
- Add the eggs + vanilla & mix well till well combined & mixture looks curdy..
- Add the flour mixture & mix well till all combined..
- If mixture is too heavy, add the water & mix well on high speed..
- Take 7 bowls. Scoop using a serving spoon, the cake mixture & distribute evenly in the bowls. Repeat till all the mixture is used up..
- Now add the food colouring. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, purple. Different colour for each bowl. ( unfortunately, i ran out of blue colour, so i used 6).
- Mix well. DONT use the same spoon for all the bowls….
- Pour 1 bowl at a time, into the baking dish, spreading CAREFULLY to the edge of the dish. Make sure not to mix-up the colours..
- Place in the oven. Bake for about 1& a half hours or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle, comes out clean..
- Cool completely on wire rack. Make sure the cake is COMPLETELY COOL before spreading the icing..
- For the Icing:.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine & shortening till light & fluffy. Add vanilla, icing sugar & milk. Mix well. (U can add a tablespoon more of milk to make it the consistency u require.).