Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake.
You can make Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake
- You need 2 of pre-made graham cracker pie crusts.
- Prepare 16 oz of heavy cream or whipping cream.
- You need 3 of x 5.3 oz blueberry Icelandic style skyr yogurt (Siggi's).
- You need 1 pint of fresh blueberries.
- Prepare 2 of ripe bananas.
- It’s 4 oz of chopped walnuts.
- You need 2 tbs of honey.
- You need 1 of small jar of blueberry preserves or fruit spread.
Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Use chopper or food processor to finely chop walnuts. Spread walnuts evenly over both graham cracker pie crusts..
- Heat pie crusts in oven for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and press walnuts lightly into crust. Pressing using parchment paper will help walnuts adhere to crust. Remove parchment when walnuts are pressed into crust..
- Slice bananas and place slices from one banana on top of walnuts on each pie crust. (1 banana per crust) Set crusts aside..
- Empty heavy cream or whipping cream into stand mixer. Turn mixer to medium high and thoroughly whip cream (about 3-4 minutes)..
- Empty 3 blueberry yogurts into mixer bowl with whipped cream. Using a spatula, gently fold the yogurt into the whipped cream, and mix well, but try to retain the fluff of the cream..
- Add 1-2 tbs of honey into cream mixture and mix well..
- Spoon half of cream mixture into each pie crust. Use spatula to level..
- Place half of fresh blueberries on top of cream mixture on each cake..
- Heat preserves/fruit spread in microwave until warm and easily spreadable, but not liquid. About 1 minute on medium high in microwave then longer at 20-second intervals until desired consistency..
- Spoon preserves/fruit spread over blueberries and cover most of the cream mixture on each cake..
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Each skyr cake makes 8 slices. Serve and enjoy!.
recipe by Troy Dye @cookpad