Banana and Date loaf.
You can have Banana and Date loaf using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Banana and Date loaf
- Prepare 3 of bananas.
- Prepare 200 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 150 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 of free-range eggs.
- Prepare 240 g of flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 100 g of medjool dates, chopped.
Banana and Date loaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth but a few lumps can still be seen. Add the brown sugar, butter, eggs, dates to the banana mixture..
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a different bowl..
- Gradually(slowly add) dry ingredients to wet ingredients, while mixing gently..
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf tin(baking pan) and bake for 45-55 minutes. Insert a cake skewer or toothpick into the loaf, if it comes out clean it is ready..
- Serve spread with butter and a piping hot cup of tea..
recipe by Dominique Solomon @cookpad