Millet Bajri Flour Sukhdi. Jalpur Bajri Flour is a popular South Indian atta (flour) that is used to make Puttu (South Indian style steamed rice cake). This greyish flour is made from millet, also known as bairi in North India and ragi in the South. It has a particular nutty aroma and a slight bittersweet.
Bajra (Pearl millet) is the most widely grown type of millet in India. Millets are seeded grasses and are a healthy substitute for rice and wheat in almost all the recipes. They have high resistance against harsh climates so, they can be grown easily. You can make Millet Bajri Flour Sukhdi using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Millet Bajri Flour Sukhdi
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Jaggery.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Powdered Cardamom.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Millet Flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dry Ginger Powder.
- Prepare 2 of Black Peppers Powdered.
- You need 2 of Almonds Sliced.
Bajra flour is made by grinding the Bajra (pearl millet) grains. The Best Millet Flour Recipes on Yummly Teff Millet Flour GF BreadFeed Your Soul Too. Bajri Atta ( Millet Flour ).
Millet Bajri Flour Sukhdi instructions
- Melt Ghee in a container on medium flame. Add Millet Flour to it and roast it till red for 3- minutes..
- Add other dry ingredients and Jaggery to the roasted flour.
- Mixed well till the Jaggery melts mixed well with the flour.
- Spread it evenly and garnish it with sliced Almonds. Cut it into pieces when warm. It is ready to be enjoyed!..
We are one of the leading manufacturer, suppliers & exporters of Bajri Atta ( Sorghum Flour ) in India. Mathia flour, similar to peasemeal, made of peas and lentils. Used mostly in Indian cooking for making many varieties. * *Allergen Advice** (Jalpur products are packed and produced in a mill that handles wheat, gluten, nuts, peanuts, mustard, sesame and soya). Bajri flour is also mixed with rice flour to make Puttu, a south Indian style steamed rice cake. Traditionally used in Asian culture for making flat bread.