Shepherd's Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. You can have Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- You need 6 of red Potatoes.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese.
- You need 300 gram of Minced beef.
- You need 1 of small onion – chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic – chopped.
- It’s of Fresh rosemary.
- You need of Fresh thyme.
- It’s 150 ml of fresh milk.
- Prepare 1 of carrot – chopped.
- It’s To taste of butter.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s as needed of Beef broth.
Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil then put potato in to the boiling water and cook until tender. Peel the skin, mash and mix with cheddar cheese, yolk,butter, milk and salt pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil and fry chopped onion then add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant, add carrot and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add minced beef,rosemary, thyme, flour, salt,pepper, and fry untill beef golden brown..
- Add beef brot and tomato paste, bring to boil and reduce heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish spread beef, layer with mashed potato and flatten well.
- Bake in the oven in 200 c for 20 minutes or untill golden brown..
- And this is it,, have done and ready to serve.
Shepherd's Pie is a traditional Irish dish made with ground lamb cooked with peas and carrots and topped with a mashed potato crust. Easy and tasty, all year round! Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got some lovely twists on shepherd's pie on the site, but we were missing a definitive version of this. Patty's Day celebrations, shepherd's pie is full of distinctly Irish ingredients.