Turon with Jackfruit. The traditional Turon has saba bananas covered in brown sugar and wrapped in lumpia wrapper, then fried. It also goes by "Lumpiang Saging" or "Banana Lumpia." Some say Filipinos invented Turon to deal with the surplus of bananas in the Philippines. The addition of yellow jackfruit in the filling upgrades the regular Turon to "Turon.
You may use either brown or white sugar. Arrange the banana on a lumpia wrapper and place the jackfruit slices on top of the banana. Turon Filipino is a sweet banana spring roll, where the cooking-type banana with a piece of jackfruit are rolled on an eggroll wrapper and fried crispy with sugar glaze. You can cook Turon with Jackfruit using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turon with Jackfruit
- You need 6 PCs of saba (plantains).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 12 PCs of spring roll wrappers.
- You need 1/2 cup of jackfruit.
- Prepare of oil for frying.
I remember Turon back home more as a merienda or afternoon snack than as a dessert. Jackfruit or langka, gives it a distinct taste and aroma, but is optional and ok to omit. Turon is a popular Filipino snack that's sweet, crunchy, and satisfying. Ripe saba banana, jackfruit, and brown sugar are rolled together in a flour lumpia wrapper and fried to a golden crisp.
Turon with Jackfruit instructions
- Peel and Cut in half the saba.
- Roll the saba in brown sugar.
- In a wrapper put the rolled saba and jackfruit.
- Fold in and secure the edge with water.
- In a hot oil put in a handful of sugar let it sit until sugar is melted slightly.
- Put the turon carefully in the oil and fry until caramel is sticking on the wrapper.
Typically served for merienda (Filipino afternoon snack) or dessert, turon has the perfect blend of flavor and texture. This crunchy caramelized banana lumpia with jackfruit is a popular Filipino snack and also known as "Turon" in the Philippines. It is made of banana, ripe jackfruit, lumpia wrappers, and brown sugar. Turon (Banana Lumpia or Banana roll) is a Filipino snack that is made of slices of Saba banana rolled in brown sugar, wrapped in lumpia (spring roll) wrapper which is then fried. Cooking with Liezel: Turon With Jackfruit Turon also known as Saging Lumpia or Banana Spring Rolls is a Philippine snack made of thinly sliced bananas (preferably saba or Cardaba bananas), dusted.