Vegan chocolate cake. This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. A simple vegan chocolate cake, made with basic ingredients and perfect for any occasion. This vegan cake is a good recipe to have on hand any time you need to make a basic chocolate cake.
It is intensely chocolatey without being the least bit sickly. It is rich, but not overly so. This BEST vegan chocolate cake recipe is quick and easy with no unusual ingredients. You can have Vegan chocolate cake using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan chocolate cake
- It’s of Cake.
- It’s of plant based milk.
- Prepare of white vinegar.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of white sugar.
- You need of cacao powder.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of unsweetened applesauce.
- It’s of freshly brewed espresso.
- Prepare of coconut oil, melted.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Frosting.
- Prepare of unsalted plant-based butter, softened.
- It’s of cacao powder.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of unsweetened plant-based milk.
- You need of dairy-free dark chocolate, melted.
- Prepare of Decorations.
- Prepare of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.
- It’s of mint.
- It’s of nuts.
Hundreds of readers have loved this moist fluffy vegan chocolate cake. This easy vegan chocolate cake is the bomb diggity! Not only is it super easy to make, but I'm actually convinced it is flop proof. You're going to love the simplicity of the ingredients and how well it turns out.
Vegan chocolate cake instructions
- To a medium bowl, add the milk and vinegar, and give it a mix. You will see it starts to curdle, by doing this we are creating a vegan buttermilk..
- Place a sieve over a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients through it. Mix together. To the same large bowl, add the buttermilk and all wet ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps left, but make sure to not over mix..
- Grease a (20 cm) round cake pan with oil and line the bottom with a cut-out round piece of parchment paper. Put in the cake batter and bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes at 180°C..
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. To a large bowl, add the butter, sift in the cacao powder, and add the vanilla, and mix with an electric or hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Alternate between adding sifted powdered sugar and plant-based milk to the bowl, until well combined. Using a spatula, fold in the melted chocolate, make sure to let it cool off a little bit before adding..
- Once your cake is done baking, let it cool off for 10 minutes in the cake pan before transferring to a cooling rack to let it cool off completely. If you like, you can level your cake with a serrated knife to create a flat surface for stacking the cakes on top of each other..
- Using a spatula or butter knife, spread out a thick layer of frosting on one of the cakes. Place the second cake on top and frost with the leftover frosting, you can even create a pattern if you like. Decorate the chocolate cake with berries of your choice and some mint leaves, and enjoy!.
- Notes Storage: best if enjoyed immediately. The cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Variations: top the cake with any fruits of your choice, or add some nuts for example..
recipe by Caitlin @cookpad
So here it is, my most sought after recipe for chocolate fudge cake exactly the same way I made it when I had my bakery, except this time around it is completely vegan! This may be the healthiest cake I've made, but you'd never know it by eating it. It's perfectly moist with a rich dark chocolate flavor that's made even richer with a thick. Delicious vegan cake recipes, vegan birthday cakes and vegan cupcakes found on this board. So delicious no one will even know they're vegan.