Carrot Cake Coffee Cake.
You can have Carrot Cake Coffee Cake using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake Coffee Cake
- It’s of Cake Batter:.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, peeled and shredded (about 1 1/2 cups).
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare of Streusel Topping:.
- You need 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts or pecans.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of salt.
Carrot Cake Coffee Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" cake pan and set it aside. In a small bowl, make the streusel by stirring the melted butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt together with a fork until it is combined and crumbly. Then stir in the chopped nuts. Set this mixture aside..
- For the cake batter, start by whisking together the melted butter, both sugars and eggs until combined. Then fold in the carrots. Next add in both of the flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Fold the batter together until it is just combined..
- Spread the batter evenly into the greased pan and crumble the streusel mixture evenly over the top. Bake for 30 or so minutes, until the center is just set. Place the pan on a cooling rack and let it cool a bit before slicing and serving..
recipe by Christina @cookpad