Carrot and walnut cake. Just right with a cup of tea. To make the cake, whisk the eggs, sugar, salt and oil together in a large bowl. A carrot cake that is moist, but not oily.
Finally, fold in the walnuts, raisins and carrots. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. This is my favorite recipe for carrot cake! You can cook Carrot and walnut cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Carrot and walnut cake
- You need of Rice bran oil, to grease.
- Prepare 1/2 c of brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 c of rice bran oil.
- You need 130 ml of golden syrup.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1/2 c of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 c of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 350 g of carrots, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1/2 c of walnuts, chopped.
- It’s of Icing sugar to spinkle.
One of our most popular recipes! Just read all the rave reviews! Jump to the Easy Carrot Cake Recipe or watch our quick recipe video below to see how we make it. Some carrot cakes are oily and dense, but not this carrot cake!
Carrot and walnut cake instructions
- Warm oven at 150C fan-forced or 170C. Grease a 20cm round cake pan lightly with oil, and line with non stick baking paper.
- Add the brown sugar, oil, golden syrup, egg and vanilla in a separate bowl. Use a balloon whisk to mox until combined.
- Sift the flours, baking soda, and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Pour the oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to stir gently until just combined. Stir in the grated carrot and walnut.
- Pour the mixture into mould and bake for 1 hour. Set aside for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spingle with icing and serve.
recipe by August Diamond @cookpad
There are two warring camps at Ottolenghi over the vital issue of … carrot cake. This moist, delicious carrot cake has traditional ingredients like carrot, pineapple, and walnuts, with the addition of toasted coconut flakes to dress up cream cheese icing. Spice up carrot cake with chai. This diabetic-friendly dessert packs a nutritious punch with whole wheat flour, flaxseed and shredded carrots. Enjoy with an afternoon cuppa, and refrigerate the rest for later.