Healthy cake – is it possible?.
You can have Healthy cake – is it possible? using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy cake – is it possible?
- Prepare of For the cake:.
- It’s of all-purpose flour (we use gluten free mix flour from Shipton Mill).
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of grated carrots.
- Prepare of grated curgette.
- It’s of finely grated beets.
- You need of raisins.
- You need of pure maple syrup or you can use 100g unrafined sugar and 1/2 cup maple syrup.
- You need of sunflower or other mild-tasting oil.
- Prepare of eggs.
- It’s of For the frosting:.
- You need of ripe avocados flesh of 2, chopped.
- It’s of good quality cocoa powder.
- You need of liquid honey or pure maple syrup.
Healthy cake – is it possible? instructions
- Arrange oven racks to divide oven into thirds. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease two 22cm cake pans, dust with a spoonful of flour and tap out. Line each with a round of parchment paper..
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a bowl. In another bowl, stir together carrots, curgettes, beets and raisins..
- In a large mixing bowl, beat maple syrup and oil together until emulsified. Add eggs one at a time, beating until batter is smooth. Add flour mixture in three or four batches, mixing gently until mixture is even. Gently mix in the vegetable mixture. Divide between baking pans..
- Place one baking pan in center of each of the racks. Bake 25-35 minutes, until a skewer or paring knife inserted into centers comes out clear and cakes are pulling away from the sides of pans. Cool on a rack about 5 minutes, then gently remove from pans. Cool to room temperature before frosting..
- To make frosting: Place avocado and cocoa powder in a food processor and blend together until smooth. Keep blending until the mousse is very smooth and creamy. Taste, and if you would like it a little sweeter, you can add a bit of honey or maple syrup..
- You can divide your cake in two and spread some avocado chocolate muss between layers..
recipe by Cook Eat and Travel @cookpad