Use Up Egg Whites Making Mini Cakes. Give those whites renewed purpose and turn them into delicious foods that'll make you glad you didn't just throw them into the compost. When you're ready to get cooking, here are ten recipe ideas, from food gifts to desserts and cocktails, for using up all those leftover egg whites. All the cartons recommended not using them for meringue or angel cake.
Fortunately, you can make good cakes with just egg whites rather than whole eggs. Eggs are a particularly difficult ingredient to experiment with, because they affect a cake in so many ways. Proteins in the egg's whites help the cake to set and hold its shape. You can make Use Up Egg Whites Making Mini Cakes using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Use Up Egg Whites Making Mini Cakes
- Prepare of <<Cocoa Flavor>>.
- You need 4 of Egg whites.
- You need 70 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 35 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 15 grams of Cocoa powder.
- You need 50 grams of Almond flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of Powdered sugar.
- You need 130 grams of Butter (salted or unsalted, either is ok).
I made these single serving cakes using a sheet pan and a few other supplies you almost definitely Using your cutter, press down all the way, twist and lift straight up. The cutter should come away Add the egg whites and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer, making sure the bowl is very clean first. Egg whites will keep in the fridge for up to two days, but they can also be frozen for up to three months. The ultimate egg white recipe, fluffy Achieve a cartoon-like fluffy 'angel cake' frosting by whipping your egg whites, then stabilising them Full English frittata made with whites only Cheese & ham souffléd omelette Skinny pepper, tomato.
Use Up Egg Whites Making Mini Cakes instructions
- Sift the cake flour and cocoa powder. Put the almond powder and the powdered sugar into a plastic bag and mix..
- Whisk the egg whites and granulated sugar until the sugar dissolves..
- Add the dry ingredients from Step 1 to the mixture from Step 2. Mix with a whisk. Add cake flour and mix again..
- Make browned butter and add it to the mixture from Step 3. Mix with a whisk..
- Pour into a mold and bake for 20 minutes in a 190ºC preheated oven..
- To make plain flavored cakes, make the batter using 50 g of cake flour..
- To make matcha cakes, make the batter using 50 g of cake flour and 5 g of matcha..
- To brown the butter, put the butter into a pot and stir continuously over low heat. When the perfect color is reached, place the bottom of the pot over ice water..
Then use a spatula to combine well. And lastly add oil and well combined too. Just egg whites, sugar, and flour. This cake is like a cloud! Whipping up a round of custard for dessert or a flurry of Hollandaise for brunch can leave you with more egg whites than yolks.