Vegan Chocolate Mocha Banana Cake. This dairy-free, egg-free, vegan recipe for chocolate mocha cake is a delicious vegan chocolate cake scented with coffee. This cake is so easy to make–no electric mixer needed! Humble yet flavorful, this cake is perfect for everyday baking and weeknight desserts.
I've never had a cake carrier. This simple vegan chocolate cake recipe is perfect for any occasion and is great to have on hand. Even non vegans love this vegan cake! You can make Vegan Chocolate Mocha Banana Cake using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vegan Chocolate Mocha Banana Cake
- Prepare 1 2/3 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar/brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of instant coffee powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water (you could add upto 1 cup).
- You need 1/2 cup of mashed bananas.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of chocolate chips (regular or mini).
Mocha Cake: Add a small spoonful of instant coffee to your favorite chocolate frosting or to my Chocolate Avocado Mousse. This Chocolate Mocha Cake is the ultimate indulgence. Rich dark chocolate cake and a silky Mocha Swiss Meringue buttercream, topped with a dreamy chocolate ganache. I used Earth Balance Vegan butter sticks, it turned out great!
Vegan Chocolate Mocha Banana Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Centigrade. Prepare an 8 inch or 9 inch pan; grease and flour or line with aluminum foil and then grease and flour. Keep aside..
- Mash bananas and gather the ingredients for the cake..
- In a large bowl, add whole wheat flour, sugar, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk or sift the mixture well..
- To this, add oil, vanilla essence, vinegar, and 3/4 cup water. Stir well with a silicone spatula or spoon..
- Fold in mashed bananas. If you feel the batter is a bit thick, add more water, up to 1 cup total. You could also mix all the wet ingredients first – oil, vanilla, mashed bananas, water and vinegar and then fold it into dry ingredients, mixing gently. DO NOT OVER MIX!.
- Pour into prepared pan and smoothen to level the top..
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips..
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Check around 32 minutes. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack..
- After 10 minutes, remove cake from foil and cool on wire rack completely..
- When cool, cut into desired shapes and enjoy with a cup of coffee/tea or with a scoop of your favorite ice cream!!.
- Enjoy and Happy Baking and Eating!.
Tasted a bit different but it was a huge hit! Reviews for: Photos of Chocolate Mocha Cake I. I made the vegan banana cake and buttercream using my new Kenwood Kmix stand mixer from JD Williams. It is an absolute powerhouse, a dream So far I have used it to make my vegan chocolate, orange and almond cake (both cake and buttercream), foccacia, and several other recipes that I have. If you try this Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe or maybe another of my Vegan chocolatey Recipes, please leave me a comment below sharing how it turned out for you!