Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche.
You can cook Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche
- Prepare of Crust:.
- It’s 250 g of AP flour.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 100 ml of oil (I used half olive oil, half neutral oil).
- Prepare 100 ml of warm tap water.
- It’s of Quiche filling:.
- Prepare 1 package of soft tofu (about 300g), drained for 10 min.
- You need 500-700 g of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 package of smoked tofu, pressed.
- You need of (to taste) salt, soy sauce, black pepper, paprika, turmeric.
- You need of (to taste) garlic powder, Italian herbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar (or a bit less).
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixed in a bit of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black salt (optional).
Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche instructions
- Put all crust ingredients in a Tupperware container. Close it tightly with a lid and shake vigorously until a ball of dough comes together..
- Tip dough in a parchment-lined pie pan. Flatten with your hands and prick with a fork. Blind bake for about 10 min in a 350°F/180°C oven. Leave to cool..
- Cook onions and sugar low and slow. Season with ingredients listed above. Add tofu, soy sauce, nutritional yeast and black salt (if using). Set aside..
- In a separate pan, mix tofu and cornstarch slurry. Cook for a few minutes until thickened..
- To assemble: put 2/3 of the onion mixture on the crust, then pour the tofu mixture over it and finally arrange the remaining onion mixture. Bake covered for 20 min, then uncovered in a 180°C oven for 15 min or until set. Enjoy at room temperature :).
recipe by red.queen @cookpad