Gluten Free Poppy Seed Cake.
You can make Gluten Free Poppy Seed Cake using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gluten Free Poppy Seed Cake
- It’s of Eggs (bring to room temperature, separate the egg yolks and whites).
- You need of Gluten free all-purpose flour.
- It’s of Poppy seeds.
- You need of Baking powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of lemon Grated lemon zest and lemon juice.
- You need of Milk (or soy milk, almond milk).
- It’s of Unsalted butter (bring to room temperature) 125+ ml Beet sugar (or regular sugar).
- Prepare of Oil (for greasing the pan).
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
Gluten Free Poppy Seed Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180℃..
- Spray oil in the 18 cm diameter cake pan or in a 22.5 x 12.5 cm pound cake pan..
- Add the egg whites to a bowl and whisk with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form..
- Add the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, salt, and grated lemon zest into a separate bowl, and mix..
- Add the lemon juice and milk to Step 4, and mix..
- Add the butter and sugar into a different bowl, and mix well with the hand mixer. Add the egg yolks and mix some more..
- Add Step 6 to Step 5, and mix well..
- Fold in the egg whites..
- Pour the batter into the pan, and bake for 50-60 minutes. Insert a bamboo skewer and if it comes out clean, it's done..
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool on a cooling rack..
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cake through a tea strainer..
- Add your love and appreciation, slice, and serve with ice cream or whipped cream..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad