You can make Philly Breakfast using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Philly Breakfast
- You need 1 Tb of oil.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 slices of American cheese.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- You need 2 slices of ham (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Italian hoagie roll (Amoroso's).
Philly Breakfast instructions
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and stir just enough to break the yolks.
- Pour eggs into skillet and tilt to coat the surface. Cook for about 30, until the egg starts to set..
- Lay 2 slices of cheese on top of the eggs and season with salt and pepper..
- Lay 2 slices of ham on the eggs and cheese, if using..
- Fold the sides of the egg to the center like a narrow omlet..
- Slice the roll lenthwise, leaving about an inch uncut. Open the roll and place it on top of the folded eggs..
- Leave the roll on top of the eggs for 1-2 minutes to finish heating the egg and cheese filling and to steam the roll slightly..
- Flip the roll over with a spatula, making sure all of the egg filling is tucked in the roll..
- Cut in half to serve, or wrap in foil for a to-go breakfast..
- Serves 1-2. Each half is about the size of an English muffin sandwich..
- For a veggie version, fry some chopped onion, bell pepper, and/or mushroom in the skillet until soft. Remove from the pan, add the eggs as in step 3, then top with veggies and cheese..
recipe by harlequinn823 @cookpad