Dark Chocolate Layer Cake with Fresh Strawberry Cream Frosting and Filling. Moist, rich chocolate cake with buttercream frosting made with fresh strawberries. Frost the tops of your cakes and stack on top of each other to form three layers. Add a final layer of Tastes almost like Haagen Dazs strawberry ice cream.
This Chocolate Strawberry Cake is a moist chocolate layer cake with a strawberry filling and it's covered in a chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream. To assemble this cake: level off your cakes by removing any domes. Place a dollop of frosting on your cake board and place the bottom layer of. You can make Dark Chocolate Layer Cake with Fresh Strawberry Cream Frosting and Filling using 22 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Layer Cake with Fresh Strawberry Cream Frosting and Filling
- Prepare of For Dark Chocolate Cake.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, I used Hersheys special dark.
- Prepare 11/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of teaspoin salt.
- It’s 2 of ups granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of brewed coffee at room temperature.
- You need of For Strawberry Cream Frosting and Filling.
- You need 8 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 8 ounces of marscapone chee, at room temperature.
- It’s 4 ounces of (1 stick), salted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh strawberries.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 cups of confectioner's sugar.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare as needed of pink sprinkles,.
- Prepare 6 of Godiva Strawberry Cheesecake truffle candies, halved.
- Prepare as needed of fresh strawberries.
Brownie enthusiasts will adore this chocolate cake's rich texture, while strawberry fans will cheer for the buttery icing. Repeat with remaining cake layers and frosting. My Fresh Strawberry Cake recipe starts with a rich, moist vanilla pound cake that is divided into three layers, and slathered with the most light and fluffy whipped cream and cream cheese frosting, and overflowing with fresh strawberries. It's a light yet filling treat that's perfect for summer.
Dark Chocolate Layer Cake with Fresh Strawberry Cream Frosting and Filling step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 3 – 8 inch cake pans well with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder,baking powder and salt and sugar.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs with the milk,canola oil and vanilla, beat into flour mixture until smooth.
- Slowly beat in coffee until smooth batter will be very thin..
- Pour into prepared pans and bake 22 to 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan then run a thin knife around edges of cake to unstick any edges of cake and remove from pan to cool completely.
- Make Strawberry Filling and Frosting.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor and set adide.
- Beat together in a large bowl until smooth, cream cheese, marscapone cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Beat in strawberry puree.
- Slowly beat in confectioner's sugar until it is a nice spreading consistancy, add drops of red food color only if you want it pinker. Refrigerate if frosting seems soft to firm it up for about 1 hour for easier spreading.
- Assemble Cake.
- Place 1 cake layer bottom up on serving plate add some Strawberry filling.
- Add second layer, bottom side up.
- Add more fillinhg.
- Add third layer, bottom up.
- Frost entire cake and decorate with sprinkles, Godiva Strawberry Cheesecaketruffles, halved and fresh strawberries.
Strawberry cake is jam-packed with flavor from tangy strawberry gelatin to rich chocolate frosting. Spread the top and sides with the frosting. Starting from the outside perimeter, place a ring of the sliced strawberries around the cake. This simple yet stunning strawberry cake is packed with strawberry flavour from fresh strawberries and homemade strawberry filling. Chiffon Cake, Fresh Strawberries, and Lightly Sweeten Whipped Berry Chantilly Cake With Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting!