Baid Al Qata.
You can cook Baid Al Qata using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baid Al Qata
- It’s of For the dough:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cake or all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of lukewarm milk.
- You need 1 stick of (100 gm) unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need Pinch of cardamom.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 cup of crushed walnuts.
- It’s of Few strands of saffron soaked in 1 Tbsp rose water.
- You need 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cardamom (or more according to preference).
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of orange blossom water.
- It’s of Powdered sugar for coating.
- You need of Vegetable oil for frying.
Baid Al Qata instructions
- Sift together the flour, cardamom and salt then add the butter and knead. Add milk gradually and knead till you get a soft and smooth dough.Cover and set aside from 30-60 minutes..
- Meanwhile, mix all filling ingredients together. (Walnuts, cinnamon, cardamom, sugar, rose water and blossom water) When dough is ready, take a small piece of it and spread lightly, then add in the center a small amount of the walnut mixture, but do not overfill it so it won't open during the frying process. Fold the dough over the filling forming a ball, then turn it into an egg-shape by rolling it lightly between your palms . Set aside for the dough to rest again for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help the dough to maintain its shape..
- Deep fry till they turn golden.Strain excess oil and let them cool down a little bit..
- Toss them in powdered sugar to cover all sides, or from one side only if you don't want it to be very sweet. The original recipe calls for covering it from all sides..
- Serve it along with Arabic coffee or special saffron coffee..
recipe by Kitchen &cook @cookpad