A Patissier's Cake Decorated With Lots of Strawberries.
You can cook A Patissier's Cake Decorated With Lots of Strawberries using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of A Patissier's Cake Decorated With Lots of Strawberries
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 120 grams of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 120 grams of Cake flour (Sifted).
- It’s 40 grams of Butter (unsalted).
- It’s of Toppings:.
- Prepare 400 ml of Heavy cream (dairy type).
- You need 32 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of pack Strawberries.
- It’s of Syrup for topping:.
- It’s 40 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 80 ml of Water.
A Patissier's Cake Decorated With Lots of Strawberries instructions
- Line the cake pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180ºC..
- Add the eggs and granulated sugar to a bowl and mix. Place the bowl over another bowl of hot water and mix with a hand mixer until the mixture is warm to the touch..
- Remove the bowl from the hot water bath and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. When you lift the beater, the batter should form thick ribbons..
- Set the hand mixer to low speed and beat again for 1 more minute..
- Add the cake flour in several batches and mix it in. While turning the bowl with your left hand, use a rubber spatula with your right hand to fold in the flour by lifting the batter up from the bottom of the bowl..
- Place the butter over a hot water bath and melt it. Add the butter, pouring it over the rubber spatula and then folding it in..
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Pour any batter leftover in the bowl around the sides of the pan, not the middle..
- Bake in a 180ºC oven for 30 minutes..
- When you push on the cake with your hand and it springs back, it's done baking. (Be careful not to burn yourself). Remove from the pan and let cool..
- Add the ingredients for the syrup to a pot. Bring to a boil and then let cool..
- Put the double cream and granulated sugar into a bowl and place the bowl over another bowl of ice water. Beat until soft peaks form..
- Cut the strawberries in half..
- Cut the cake into two layers and spoon the syrup onto the bottom layer. Spread on the whipped cream and top with strawberries..
- Spread whipped cream on top of the strawberries. Spoon syrup onto the browned side of the top layer of the sponge cake, flip it over and place it on top of the bottom layer..
- Spread the surface of the cake with whipped cream and decorate the top with strawberries..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad