Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins. Use leftover apple pie filling as a topping over vanilla ice cream. Make sure to use a nonstick muffin tin for easy pie cup removal. If you have leftover apple pie filling, you can use it as an ice cream topping, or mix with prepared quick oats for a sweet twist on breakfast.
Press each dough circle into the bottom of a muffin tin cup, leaving a tiny rim of dough sticking out at the top. Great recipe for Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins. I had heard about pies being made as single serve pies in muffin tins. You can cook Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins
- You need of apples, I used local Macoun today but usally use easy to find Granny Smith.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of fresh lemon juice.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of 9 inch pie crust dough either homemade or pre made disks such as Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust ( 2 in a box rolled up ).
- It’s of CRUMB TOPPING.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare of apple pie spice mix or cinnamon.
- You need of toffee chips such as heath bits. found near the chocolate cbips in the grocery store.
- You need of cold butter, cut into cubes.
I loved the idea, they are great for a party, holiday and then the big bonus is they can be frozen and also packed in lunches for work or school. Remove the extra pie dough from the refrigerator, cut out your designs for the tops of the pies, and place them on top. Note: you can use the rest of the crust for anything you may want to do on top of the pies. Press each circle in muffin tins until all the way up each side, to form little bowls.
Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins step by step
- Peel.and core the apples.
- Cut apples into cubes, add to.large bowl with lemon juice while cutting. When all.cut apples are in bowl.add sugar toss to coat..
- Heat butter in a large skillet, add sugared apples with lemon juice and cook, stirring often just until softened but holding their shape.Add flour, cinnamon and salt.and cook just until blended. Transfer to a bowl to chill .Store up to two days in the refrigerator.
- MAKE CRUMB TOPPING.
- In a bowl combine flour, brown sugar, salt, apple pie spice and toffee chips add butter and mix with a fork until.It looks like like a crumble.Keep very cold up to a week.before using . Add to pies cold..
- FOR CRUSTS.
- Spray 12 standard size muffin or cupcake tins with non stick spray, set aside.
- Roll each pie crust out , cut 4 -4 inch circles from each crust.I used a freezer container lid..place dough circles in each of the prepared tins .smooth sides to fit and trim tops. Chill at least an hour. Note dough is easy to work with if kept cold. Do 4 pie crusts at a time, keeping dough cold when your not working with it..
- Fill.each cold crust evenly with apple mixture.
- Top.each pie evenly with crumb topping.
- Bake 12 minutes, rotate baking pan bake 9 to 12 minutes more until golden.
- Cool. pan on wire rack 15 minutes then run a small.sharp knife around edges of pies to prevent sticking.Cool about 15 minutes more before gently lifting out with a small knife.They need to be just warm, If you try to take out when to hot they will.not stay intact..
Mix by hand all filling ingredients and spoon into muffin bowls. What can be better than apple pie itself? How about muffin tin apple pie! I have always loved the taste of classic apple pie, especially if it is warm (and of course topped with a little homemade vanilla ice cream)!. Remove crust from pouch; unroll on work surface.