Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy.
You can cook Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy
- Prepare of Mashed potatoes.
- Prepare of large Russet potatoes (peeled).
- You need of Soy milk (approximately 1 cup).
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- Prepare of flour.
- You need of vegetable broth.
- You need of Salt.
Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While waiting for the water to boil, peel the potatoes and cut each potato into three or four chunks to cook evenly and thoroughly..
- Add potatoes to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 20-25 minutes until a fork passes smoothly through the potato chunks.
- While the potatoes are cooking, scoop 1/3 cup of flour into a medium pan. Add a small amount of vegetable broth and mix into until you have a fine paste. Keep adding broth and stirring, letting the paste to thin into liquid and making sure no lumps form. Add all but 1 cup of the broth. The gravy will be a little watery and will thicken when it comes to a boil. It is important to add the broth slowly and stir continously so that the gravy isn't lumpy..
- Put the pan of gravy on the stove at medium heat. Stir continuously until the gravy comes to a boil. When it reaches a boil, you will notice the gravy will thicken slightly. If the gravy is too thick, add more broth and stir. If the gravy is too watery, mix a small amount of flour with a small amount of broth in a separate container until a thick liquid forms and there are no lumps. Add small amounts of the flour-broth mixture until you get the consistency you desire. Salt to taste..
- Remove the gravy from heat..
- Strain the potatoes and place in a mixing bowl. Be careful because the potatoes will be hot..
- Slowly increase the speed of the mixer to high and add small amounts of soy milk and stir the potatoes. Continue adding soy milk and mixing until the potatoes are the desired consistency. Salt to taste..
- Dish out the mashed potatoes and top with a healthy serving of gravy. Enjoy!.
recipe by Ann Jeffers @cookpad