Ladybirds Easy Black Cat Cup Cakes. Loved the black cat cupcakes and they are simple enough that I can do them. The grandkids will love them too. This site focuses on fun and easy baking.
After years of making cakes professionally, they now share their tips and tricks at www.thecakegirls.com, an online store where you can buy cake supplies, party accents and see D. Use the cornflour on your work tops to stop the icing Now your cakes are ready to serve. Top tip for making Ladybird cupcakes. You can have Ladybirds Easy Black Cat Cup Cakes using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Easy Black Cat Cup Cakes
- Prepare of pkt or box , store bought chocolate cake mix , or cake mix of your choice.
- Prepare of or premade cupcakes/muffins.
- Prepare of long black licorce strap.
- You need of store bought or home made chocolate fudge frosting.
- You need of yellow M&M's.
- It’s of brown M&M's.
- You need of black icing gel pen.
If your cupcakes are perfectly round you may not. Preheat oven according to directions on package. Line muffin pans with paper liners. Prepare the cake mix as specified on the box.
Ladybirds Easy Black Cat Cup Cakes instructions
- Prepare cake mix according to directions , then pour mixture into cup cake/muffin tray holes and cook according to directions , once cooked set aside to cool completely . (makes about a dozen).
- Whilst the cakes are cooling , take the yellow M&M's and the black gel pen , and working with one at a time draw a line down the center of the yellow M&M , from top to bottom . To create the cats eyes . Repeat with all remaining yellow M&M's and the gel pen then set aside for the gel icing to set ..
- Using the licorice strap , cut 6 by 2cm , square pieces then cut them into two triangles evenly , so you have 12 triangles , to create the cats ears . Then cut 6 by 4cm , long thin strips , to create the cats tails , finally cut 36 by 2cm , thin strips , so to create the cats whiskers ..
- Now the cakes are cooled completely , using the chocolate fudge icing , evenly ice all over the tops of the cupcakes to coat all over the top to represent the cats fur ..
- Place the iced cakes into pairs , joining the two together to represent the cats head and body ..
- Now take 2 , per cake pair , of the licorice triangles , and place them up top end of the first cake in the pair so to create the cats ears on it's head . Repeat with all remaining cakes and ears ..
- Take 2 , per cake pair , of the prepared black stripped M&M and place them just under the licorice ears on the first cake in the pair so to create the cats eyes , then place one brown M&M , per cake pair , in the middle just under the eyes , so to create the cats nose . Repeat with all remaining cakes , eyes and noses ..
- Taking 6 , per cake pair , of the smaller thin strips of the licorice , place 3 each side of the nose on the first cake , so to create the cats whiskers . Repeat with all remaining cakes and whiskers ..
- Now taking the last 6 longer thin strips of the licorice , 1 per cake pair , and placing them at the end of the second cake in the pair , just above center , so to create the cats tails . Repeat with all remaining cakes and tails ..
- Once all are completed , serve one a cake platter and serve cool . Enjoy . :-).
If a black cat crosses your path, we hope it's one of these cute chocolaty creations. This time-saving recipe relies on a boxed cake mix and a can of Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, filling paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. These black cat cupcakes are a fun, cute and delicious addition to any Halloween party! You may have seen these cute cupcakes around already. I love making fun treats for my kids.