Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Moist and tender sour cream coffee cake with honeycrisp apples, cinnamon sugar, and chopped pecans. From my grandma's recipe box to your kitchen! My grandma's nutty sour cream coffee cake recipe is perfection.
Apple and Sour Cream Coffee Cake is a wonderful way to use up fall's bounty of deliciously crisp apples. Perfect for snacking or having on your brunch menu. Add sour cream and beat to combine. You can cook Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Prepare of topping.
- You need 1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need of For the cake.
- It’s 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of sifted all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 large of gala apples peeled, cored and sliced.
- You need of Topping I also add..
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of toffee chips.
With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Once the cake cooled, I topped it with a home made caramel sauce creating a Caramel Apple Coffee Cake. In a large bowl, whisk together flour. This is the best coffee cake recipe I've ever made. since I didn't have sour cream, I just used all yogurt instead of the sour cream, and loved it! • Apple and Sour Cream Coffee Cake is a wonderful way to use up fall's bounty of deliciously crisp apples.
Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F,.
- Spray a 9-by-9 inch baking pan..
- Prepare the topping. Combine all Ingredients and mix well. this is when I also add chopped pecans and toffee chips.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.Add vanilla extract..
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt..
- Now pour your wet ingredients into flour mixture mix well..Now add your sour cream. Mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Layer with half of the apple slices, then half of the topping. Pour in the remaining batter, layer with the remaining apples (keep 3 slices for decoration), then add the rest of the topping. Arrange the remaining slices on top..
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy.
- I also bake mine after the first hour at a higher temp of 350° for about 20 minutes too give the topping an extra crunch..
- Recipe: courtesy of Enjoy Cooking The Costco Way cook book.
recipe by prettyninyas07 @cookpad
Perfect for snacking or having on your brunch menu, serve it warm with a dollop of applesauce or lightly sweetened sour cream, and enjoy! Share: Rate this Recipe Excellent with morning coffee or afternoon tea or served for dessert with a dollop of whipped cream. And this coffee cake baking away in my kitchen. This Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake smells just like cinnamon rolls and will make you wanna stay home bundled up with a warm blanket and cup of coffee on a random afternoon. I'll take one of those any day!