Starry Chirashi Sushi Cake For Tanabata Festival.
You can have Starry Chirashi Sushi Cake For Tanabata Festival using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Starry Chirashi Sushi Cake For Tanabata Festival
- You need 700 grams of Plain cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of pack Chirashizushi mix.
- You need 1 tbsp of Toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 of to 2 omelettes' worth Kinshi tamago (finely shredded thin omelette).
- Prepare 1/3 of Avocado.
- Prepare 3 of to 6 Shrimp.
- Prepare 2 of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Daikon radish.
- It’s 2 of Shiso leaves.
Starry Chirashi Sushi Cake For Tanabata Festival step by step
- Please refer tofor how to make the kinshi tamago (finely shredded thin omelette). https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/169366-foolproof-usuyaki-tamago-thin-omelette-and-kinshi-tamago-shredded-omelette-for-chirashi-sushi.
- Cook the rice using a little less water than usual. Mix in the chirashizushi mix and toasted sesame seeds, and leave to cool..
- Make the usuyaki tamago (thin omelette) and turn it into kinshi tamago (finely shredded omelette). Cut out the carrots with a star shaped cutter, put into a heatproof container with a little water, and microwave for a few minutes..
- Boil the shrimp. Cut the cherry tomatoes into half, then cut out a triangular piece out of each to turn them inth heart shapes. Cube the avocado and sprinkle with lemon juice..
- Line a heart shaped mold with plastic wrap and put in the rice. Press lightly and invert a serving plate on top. Reverse to unmold..
- Decorate as you like..
- For Valentine's Day, decorate with heart shapes. For Tanabata decorate with star-shaped cutouts of carrots and cucumber. Either way it's very cute..
- This is the Tanabata version: The mixed sushi rice, 1 omelette worth of kinshi tamago (shredded omelette), 1 to 2 tablespoons of salmon caviar, and 1 to 2 tablespoons of sakura denbu (sweet-salty fish flakes dyed pink)..
- (continuing) – 1 piece of sashimi tuna, 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of ham, 1/2 carrot and 1/2 cucumber..
- Make the kinshi tamago (shredded omelette). Cut out all the ingredients into star shapes. Cook the carrot in the microwave..
- Cover part of the heart shaped sushi rice with plastic wrap and cover the exposed parts with the pink denbu..
- Take off the plastic wrap and cover the center part of the heart with the kinshi tamago to make the Amanokawa ("Heaven's River", the Japanese name for the Milky Way)..
- Decorate with the star shaped cutout vegetables, and sprinkle with some salmon caviar. Make the cut outs heart shaped for Valentine's Day..
- It's hard to see, but there are two stars representing Orihime and Hikoboshi (the two lovers who meet once a year on Tanabaga according to legend) in the middle here..
- You don't need the tuna sashimi! You could also form the base into a star shape, too..