Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian).
You can make Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian)
- It’s of Spinach.
- You need of Paste – place in food processor.
- You need of Medium Red Onion (in food processor).
- It’s of Garlic Cloves (in food processor).
- Prepare of " piece ginger peeled (in food processor).
- You need of Mustard Oil (in food processor).
- Prepare of Chilli (de seeded if you wish) (in food processor).
- It’s of Spice Mix.
- You need of Ground Corriander.
- You need of Ground Cumin.
- You need of Garam Masala.
- You need of Tumeric Powder.
- You need of Cardamom Pods.
- Prepare of Whole Cloves.
- You need of Whole Star Anise.
- Prepare of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare of Fenugreek Seeds.
- Prepare of Others.
- It’s of Chickpeas.
- You need of Small Can Coconut Cream (Approx 1 Cup).
- Prepare of Vegetable Stock.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Produce.
- Prepare of Medium Potatoes (Approx 500gms) Cut into chunks.
- It’s of Mushrooms (Cut into quarters).
- You need of Cherry tomatoes (or tomato cut into chunks).
Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) step by step
- Prepare ingredients as per instructions (unfortunately I don't have a pic post prep).
- Add 'paste' ingredients to a food processor and blitz until a paste is created (unfortunately no pic of this also)..
- Add 1tbs oil to a pot and saute the 'paste' ingredients on low for at least approx. 5 minutes..
- Turn heat up slightly, add another tbs of oil and add the Spices and thoroughly stir regularly for a couple of minutes..
- Add the Potatoes, Chickpeas & Mushrooms to the pot and continue to stir coating them in the spice / paste mixture in the pan..
- Add the coconut cream, cherry tomatoes, stock and water. Mix, Cover pot and simmer on low for approx 30mins..
- After approx 30mins (or when potatoes are cooked through), turn off heat, add the spinach and stir. Cover and leave to sit for a couple of minutes (until spinach wilts)..
- Eg below of steamed Cauliflower Rice (placed in processor and then steamed for approx 6mins).
- Serve with chopped Corriander or Coconut Yoghurt 😁.
recipe by Nikki Alicia @cookpad