You can have Fermented Oatmeal using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fermented Oatmeal
- It’s Half of a cup oats.
- You need 1 of and a half cups water.
- Prepare 4 pieces of dates (de- seeded).
- Prepare 50 g of roasted peanuts or pistachio.
- You need of Sea salt (pinch).
Fermented Oatmeal step by step
- Soak the oats in water in a jug and cover to keep dust and flies out. Keep in a warm place and ferment for a minimum of 24 hrs..
- After fermentation, cook the oats adding dates and a pinch of salt. Cook in a low flame to avoid burning. This should take around 10 mins. Stir regularly.
- Serve while still hot with topping of your choice. Topping suggestions; dried fruits, jam, banana, Apple sauce etc. _NB: Don't forget to add honey to your oatmeal..
recipe by Ogola Otieno @cookpad