Pie Crust Beef Empanadas.
You can have Pie Crust Beef Empanadas using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pie Crust Beef Empanadas
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1-2 Tablespoon of pickled jalapeno, chopped (optional).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of corn starch.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper or to taste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 Tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced onions.
- It’s 2 of rolls of store bought pie crust, thawed according to package instruction.
- You need 1 cup of Mexican blended cheese or to taste.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
Pie Crust Beef Empanadas step by step
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef with jalapeno (optional), corn starch, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes..
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or a lightly greased aluminum foil..
- In a large skillet, saute garlic and onion for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add in the ground beef and stir fry until beef is cooked through and the onion is translucent..
- Roll out pie crusts. Use a bowl size of your choice to trace circles onto the piecrust and cut them into circular pieces. Mix the left over pie crust together, use a rolling pin to roll them out. Repeat the above process to get as many circular crusts as you can..
- Lay the circular pieces of pie crust on the counter and put desired amount of filling and cheese in the center. Fold pie crust in half and keep the fillings inside. Use the back of a fork to press down on the edges of the pie crust..
- Carefully transfer the empanadas into the fryer basket. Brush the top surface with egg and air fry at 350F (175C) for about 4-5 minutes. Flip the empanadas over and brush the top side with egg. Air fry again at 350F (175C) for another 3-4 minutes until the surface is golden brown..