Italian Easter brioche with encased eggs.
You can have Italian Easter brioche with encased eggs using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Easter brioche with encased eggs
- Prepare 500 of Grams flour.
- Prepare 1/2 Pint of water , lukewarm.
- You need of 25 packet of yeast dry yeast fresh or a dry Grams.
- Prepare 100 Grams of sugar.
- You need 50 Grams of butter.
- You need 7 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of lemon zest.
- You need 1 of orange zest.
Italian Easter brioche with encased eggs instructions
- Melt the yeast with the lukewarm water then add 5 tbsp of flour. Mix the ingredients well and make a ball. Put it in a bowl covered with a cloth and let it rise for an hour in a warm place..
- When it has risen well, add the rest of the flour, sugar, 3 eggs, lemon and orange zest and the melted butter. Work the dough energetically with your hands for about 10 minutes. It should be slightly on the sticky side..
- Divide the dough into 3 and roll it on the table with your hands making long stripes. Make a plait out of them leaving just a small quantity of dough to decorate over the eggs..
- Now join both ends of the plait making a ring and lay it on a greased baking tray. Let it rest for 2-3 hours covered with a cloth in a warm place..
- Place the 4 eggs into the dough, make a cross over them with the dough stripes. Beat an egg and brush it all over the cake and cook at 180C for 30 minutes until golden..
recipe by Alida Zamparini @cookpad
Share this post: