Potato pancakes with smoked salmon. Potato blinis topped with smoked salmon, homemade horseradish cream. For the potato pancakes, fill a pan with boiling salted water. Add the potatoes and cook until soft.
Add the eggs and flour, season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Serve pancakes with topped with salmon and salmon caviar and garnish as desired with edible flowers. Ideal brunch recipe with potato pancakes and smoked salmon and caviar. You can make Potato pancakes with smoked salmon using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- It’s 1 lb of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a beaten egg.
- You need 1 tbs of flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Frying oil.
- You need of Smoked salmon.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Capers.
- Prepare of Fresh dill.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
Continue with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as necessary. Cook extra mashed potatoes during the week and you'll have the basis of this fabulous weekend brunch dish. Dill helps with digestion and Transfer the pancakes to warmed plates. Top each with smoked salmon, sour cream, and dill.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon instructions
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..
Combine sour cream, mustard and horseradish. Stir in chives and season with pepper. Spoon onto cooled pancakes and top with slices of smoked salmon. Place potatoes and onions on clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible by twisting the top and sides tightly. Combine potatoes, onions, egg and flour in large bowl.