Cannoli cupcakes. These cannoli cupcakes from Delish.com are an Italian food lovers dream. Prepare batter according to package instructions. Divide batter between cupcake liners and bake until a toothpick inserted into.
These jumbo cupcakes feature a fluffy, creamy cannoli-like filling. White chocolate curls on top are the crowning touch.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen. Cannoli Cupcakes Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can cook Cannoli cupcakes using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cannoli cupcakes
- It’s of cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box.
- Prepare of butter, softened.
- You need of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- You need of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- You need of kosher salt.
- It’s of mini chocolate chips.
- It’s of chocolate chips.
Cannoli cupcakes are made with light cinnamon cake and a creamy mascarpone frosting to create With everything from Red Wine Chocolate Cake to these Cannoli Cupcakes, you will want to make a. Chocolate covered cannoli cupcakes are a delicious and impressive dessert. They are stuffed and iced with cannoli cream and has a chocolate candy shell. Just as yummy as cannoli purchased in an Italian bakery (but much easier to make), these sweet, tender cupcakes are topped with a frosting made with ricotta cheese.
Cannoli cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Prepare batter according to package instructions. Divide batter between cupcake liners and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes..
- Let cupcakes cool completely. Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese, and ricotta until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and beat until smooth and fluffy. Fold in mini chocolate chips..
- Transfer the frosting to a large pastry bag (or resealable plastic bag) cut with a large tip. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the middle of each cupcake to create a small well. Pipe the frosting onto each cupcake, filling the wells.
- Using 50 percent power and working in 30-second increments, microwave chocolate chips until the chocolate has just melted. Let cool slightly. Spoon the melted chocolate on top of the frosting.
- Let chocolate set slightly then serve..
Cannoli cupcakes are inspired by the popular Italian dessert. Moist cinnamon cupcakes, topped with fluffy mascarpone buttercream and a sprinkling of chocolate chips and powdered sugar. It's really a regular cupcake, filled with cannoli cream, and then topped with a special chocolate frosting. Be the first to review this recipe. Generously pipe remaining frosting onto tops of cupcakes.