Smoke bake potatoes. Smoke roasted potatoes recipe grilled and enveloped in flavorful hardwood pellet smoke, then piled high with your favorite toppings. Smoke baked potatoes taste rich and cook up moist and tender. Should baked potatoes be wrapped in foil?
These smoked potatoes are prepared with a herb and spice rub and are perfect served alongside barbecued or grilled meats. Can I wrap up some baked potatoes. Secrets of Making Delicious Smoked Baked Potatoes. by Pat Ottman (St Paul,MN). You can have Smoke bake potatoes using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoke bake potatoes
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Any other seasoning you like.
- You need of Smoker and wood chips of choice I use hickory.
How do you make smoked baked potatoes? Someone told us they are excellent. We have a vertical water smoker. These are called smoked twice baked potatoes because you bake them in the smoker (or any heat source for that matter), cut them in half, scoop out the insides and mix it with my rub, bacon.
Smoke bake potatoes instructions
- Pre heat smoker and set it up with your favorite wood chips. I use Hickory. Set up the water pan… I like to start on a high setting and go to med heat when I put the potatoes in..
- Poke holes in all of the potatoes. I use a shish kebab skewers, try and all the way though, it’s ok if you can’t… do a lot of holes all over on each one… the more holes the better… this helps the smoke go through….
- In a bowl add the the potatoes after you put holes in them, drizzle with Olive oil add seasoning mix with hands, and make sure all of them are covered with the oil and seasonings.
- Place in smoker 2-4 hrs until done.
How to make Smoked Baked Potatoes – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. Smoked Baked Potatoes are always a huge hit at my house! My family loves loading these Smoked Baked Potatoes with just about anything they like. Those russets you're about to eat came from the ground and are probably still. I often fix it for company because it's pleasing to the eye as well as the appetite.