My Sister's Egg Bake.
You can have My Sister's Egg Bake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Sister's Egg Bake
- You need of Cheese Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar, lightly packed.
- Prepare of Meat Vegetables and Eggs.
- You need 1 cup of cubed ham or breakfast sausage.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sliced green onions.
- It’s 1 cup of diced green and red bell peppers.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms.
- Prepare 14 of eggs lightly beaten with a whisk.
- It’s of BreadCrumb Topping.
- It’s 2 cup of soft stale bread crumbs crumbled in a food blender.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
My Sister's Egg Bake instructions
- In a medium-sized saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter, then add the flour, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until it begins to bubble. Gradually add the milk while cooking and stirring until it becomes thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature before adding the cheese..
- In a large skillet brown the ham or sausage. Scrape meat to the edges of the pan and melt the butter in the middle. Saute the onions, peppers, and mushrooms for about 1 minute over medium heat..
- Add the eggs cooking and stirring with a silicone spatula until they just begin to set. Reduce the heat, and scrape the egg mixture from the bottom and around the edges of the pan toward the middle. This process should result in a runny, pouring consistency of partially cooked eggs. Turn off the heat and proceed to Step 4.
- Combine the white sauce and cheese mixture with the meat, vegetables, and eggs in the frying pan and mix thoroughly. Then pour the mixture into a buttered 9 X 13 inch casserole..
- Melt the remaining butter, drizzle over the breadcrumbs while tossing with a fork or two chopsticks. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the entire casserole..
- Bake in 350° oven for 25 to 35 minutes until the center is firm and the topping is nicely browned..
- To prepare ahead, cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or over night. Remove from the refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes before baking..
recipe by stevenbarbara10 @cookpad