Rich and Dense Grown-up Brownies.
You can have Rich and Dense Grown-up Brownies using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rich and Dense Grown-up Brownies
- Prepare 50 grams of Chocolate (of your choice. A chocolate bar is fine).
- You need 50 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Instant coffee.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 70 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 60 grams of ☆Cake flour.
- Prepare 30 grams of ☆Cocoa powder (unsweetened).
- You need 1/2 tsp of ☆Baking powder.
- Prepare 150 grams of in total Walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc..
- It’s 1 of Almonds (for decoration).
Rich and Dense Grown-up Brownies step by step
- Line a baking sheet with kitchen parchment paper, spread out the nuts and roast in a 150 to 160°C oven for 10 minutes. Leave to cool..
- Combine the ☆ ingredients and sift together. Line the cake tin with kitchen parchment paper. Have all the other ingredients at room temperature..
- Put the nuts from Step 1 into a thick plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin. The brownies will be crunchy and tastier if you don't crush the nuts too finely..
- Put the broken up chocolate, butter and instant coffee in a small pan, and melt them by holding it above another pan of hot water. The coffee granules can still remain undissolved!.
- Break the egg into another bowl and beat. Add the sugar and mix well. Add the chocolate-coffee mixture from Step 4 and mix well..
- Add the sifted flour an fold it in quickly using a rubber spatula. Add the nuts from Step 3 just before the flour is completely incorporated, and mix into the batter evenly..
- Pour the batter into the lined tin, level out the surface and then drop the tin from a height a few times onto a counter to eliminate any air pockets. Bake in a preheated 170°C oven for 10 minutes..
- Take the tin out and arrange almonds on the top in to form little hearts. Put back in the oven and bake at 170°C for another 10 minutes. (I just topped half of the brownies with almonds here.).
- Take it out of the paper and remove from the tin. Let cool on a rack..
- When it has cooled down, cut up as you like. I also recommend wrapping each piece individually to give as gifts..
- This is how the cut sides look. It's packed with nuts! The moist, rich, slightly bitter chocolate and the crunchiness of the nuts are amazing!.
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad