Date oatmeal cookie. These chewy oatmeal cookies get warm, complex flavor from cardamom and caramelly Medjool dates. Oatmeal Date Cookies are chewy, nutty treats with just the right amount of sweetness. Fun fact: I do not like raisins.
Enjoy the sweet, delicious taste of dates in these double-layered oatmeal cookies. This recipe came from the Hartman Estate Sale. This makes a huge batch, cut the recipe in half if desired. You can have Date oatmeal cookie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Date oatmeal cookie
- You need 10 oz of pitted date.
- Prepare 2 cups of quick cook oats flour.
- You need 8 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of milk powder.
- You need 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Mahleb ground.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fennel.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm milk +3 teaspoon.
These cookies are best if they sit for a couple of days to soften. Oatmeal-Date Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These tasty date oatmeal cookies use the natural sweetness of the dates rather than any added sugar to make a relatively healthy, easy and delicious treat. A combination of flavor and texture makes these cookies the perfect addition to your morning coffee.
Date oatmeal cookie instructions
- Over medium heat with 4 tablespoon of the butter add the date and smash till you get paste add 1 tablespoon cardamom and cinnamon let it cool.
- Roll it to thin paper using sprayed film.
- Mix all the dry ingredients mix with 4 tablespoon cold butter look like sand and start adding the warm milk the last 3 spoons mix one at time.
- The dough will be not hard and not sticky spray it and let rest for half hour.
- Roll the dough paper thin then add on top the date and start rolling like cinnamon roll and start cutting I used knife but use floss for sharp cut.
- About inch some shape I used a cookie cutter then brush with milk please lay it on top paper parchment so it will not burn the bottom.
- At reheated oven 350 f for 15 to 20 minutes keep watching the bottom of the cookie enjoy 😉.
recipe by Layla (lulu) @cookpad
With pancake turner, remove cookies to wire rack to cool. My recipe for Oatmeal-Date-Chocolate Cookies gives you the Oatmeal-Date-Chocolate Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. A lemony date filling makes oatmeal cookies more special. Filled Oatmeal-Date Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cookies for breakfast are a thing and my Healthy Banana Date Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are a fantastic start to your day!