Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan.
You can make Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan
- It’s of Pastry dough:.
- It’s of plain flour.
- You need of margarine.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of water.
- It’s of cooking oil.
- Prepare of boiled egg (optional).
- Prepare of Cooking oil to fry.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- Prepare of carrots.
- Prepare of potatoes.
- It’s of spring onions.
- You need of Spices:.
- It’s of red onion.
- You need of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of candle nut.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of sugar.
Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan step by step
- Dice carrots and potatoes, chop spring onions, grind the spiced with blender or food processor, put them aside..
- Mix plain flour, salt, and margarine, gradually pour water until the dough doesnt stick..
- Pre-heat sauce pan, pour cooking oil. Add ground spices, stir for 5 mins.
- Add diced carrots and potatoes, stir them until they are cooked well, add spring onion, salt, sugar, and pepper, cook for 3 mins. Put aside..
- Cut boiled eggs to 12 pieces. (You can skip this for vegan diet).
- Roll the dough with rolling pin (around 1/2 cm or thinner) make round shape with a medium size cup, fill them up with the vegetables, fold the dough to the other side, twist and pinch to lock the dough..
- Pre-heat a frying pan with cooking oil, fry them until both side turn golden..
- Enjoy :).
recipe by Aini @cookpad