Healthy oatmeal cookies. In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Many recipes for baked goods can be tweaked to use equal parts whole-wheat and all-purpose flours, without losing flavor or texture. A perfectly dependable recipe, and I mean that in the nicest way!
For healthy oatmeal cookies banana edition, don't miss my Banana Oatmeal Cookies, this recipe's different but equally delicious cousin. Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray or line with silpat mats and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. You can make Healthy oatmeal cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/4 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
Here's your new cookie jar staple. This recipe for classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookies gets a healthy boost with whole-wheat flour and uses less sugar and butter than traditional recipes. Don't hesitate to make a double batch–they're so satisfying they'll be gone fast. That really helps keep your ultimate healthy oatmeal raisin cookies low calorie and low fat, and if you use coconut oil, they're also dairy-free!
Healthy oatmeal cookies step by step
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
Also unlike traditional recipes that use refined granulated sugar, you'll actually sweeten your ultimate healthy oatmeal raisin cookies with honey, agave, or pure maple syrup. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray (just for convenience :]). Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, brown sugar, honey, egg and water thoroughly. For a healthy oatmeal chocolate-chip cookie that is. I mean we've already got the healthy chocolate chip cookies which you guys seriously love!