You can have Date Balls using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Date Balls
- It’s 1/2 lb of Pitted Dates (8oz).
- It’s 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 cup of Rice crispies.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s of Shredded coconut.
Date Balls step by step
- Take your dates lay them out and squeeze them a little sometimes they miss the pits..
- Cut up your dates into little pieces watching for pits, I used scissors. Usually directly in the pot is easiest. Dates are very sticky..
- Add to the pot of cut up dates, your butter, &sugar. Boil until smooth, &stir frequently. 15mins maybe, on medium high heat..
- Once smooth, cool. Then add your mixture of egg, salt, and vanilla and milk. Then add your rice crispies. Mix together. Let it cool for awhile, dates get very hot..
- Once cooled.. Take some butter and rub it in between your hands. Then take a teaspoon amount of the date mix and make balls. Then roll around in shredded coconut. Let cool on a plate or parchment paper. Enjoy👌.
recipe by 𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚜𝚊𝚢 Ⓐ. @cookpad