Apple Streusel Coffee Cake.
You can have Apple Streusel Coffee Cake using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Apple Streusel Coffee Cake
- It’s of STREUSEL TOPPING.
- It’s 3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 8 tbsp of cold butter, cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of toffee bits, such as heath bits.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of toasted chopped nuts almons, pecans, cashews, walnuts and/or honey roasted peanuts ( if you do not like nuts leave them out).
- It’s of COFFEE CAKE.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 large of large red or green eating apple such as Jonathan or Gala, peeled and cut into small cubes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 6 tbsp of softened butter.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of ICING/GLAZE RECIPE.
- You need 1 of recipe the Best Icing/Glaze recipe, recipe attached below.
Apple Streusel Coffee Cake instructions
- For Cake.
- preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 by 13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- in a large bowl, with mixer at low speed beat sugar and butter until well blended, increase speed to high and beat until creamy, lower speed and add eggs one at a time then vanilla.
- With mixer at low speed , alternate flour and sour cream to sugar mixture starting with and ending with flour, beat until just smooth, fold in pears or apples.
- Soon batter into prepared pan and spread out evenly with an off set spatula or back of a spoon. Batter is thick..
- Sprinkle evenly with STREUSEL TOPPING.
- Bake coffee cake 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Drizzle with glaze when cool.
- FOR STREUSEL .TOPPING.
- In a medium bowl combine Brown sugar, the 1 cup of flour, cinnamon, toffee chips, nuts and the 8 tablespoons cold butter with a fork until combined and crumbly.
- FOR ICING/GLAZE https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356666-the-best-vanilla-icingglaze.
- This coffee cake is also good substituting the apples with pears or even blueberries.
recipe by fenway @cookpad