Fondant cake. So you want to fondant a cake, but you've heard it's too difficult? It may seem challenging, but it's not as hard as you might think. Cake Decorating with Fondant: Kneading, Rolling and Storing
Once you have covered your cake or cupcakes with fondant, the fun cake decorating begins! Fondant cake designs can be smooth and simple or elaborate and elegant. A smooth, fondant cake is beautiful even without extensive decorations, and fondant is a popular choice for wedding cakes. You can make Fondant cake using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fondant cake
- You need of Flour 4 cups(500g) all purpose flour.
- It’s of Egg-12.
- You need of Butter- 4sticks (500g) not margarine.
- It’s of Granulated sugar- 2cups (400g).
- You need of Baking powder -.
- You need of Vanilla extra -.
- You need of Fondant recipe.
- You need of Icing sugar -.
- You need of Corn flour or extra icing sugar -500g.
- Prepare of Cold water-.
- It’s of Gelatin-.
- Prepare of Liquid glucose -.
- You need of Flavoring – 1 teaspoon (optional).
- You need of CMC -.
Fondant Toppers, Fondant Cakes, Cupcake Cakes, Cake Topper Tutorial, Fondant Tutorial, Marzipan, Robocar Poli, Chocolate Garnishes, Making Fondant. Fondant and buttercream are popular cake coverings, but each has its own strengths and both coverings have variations and require different tools. It has a mild vanilla flavor. For colored fondant, knead in a dash of food coloring.
Fondant cake step by step
- Cream the butter and sugar. put the soft butter and granulated sugar into the mixer and start creaming. Cream for about 1 hours or more. some sugar maybe stubborn and you can still feel the grains but its OK so long as the butter\sugar mixture is white and soft..
- Beat the eggs. Beats all the eggs into a big bowl and whisk them to a smooth blend..
- Sieve flour and add baking powder. In a separate bowl sieve flour for 2 to 3 times so as to remove particles and add baking powder and mix well..
- Add whisked egg and the flour. Before you do this step make sure that your butter and sugar are well creamed. Then pour the egg and the flour beat by beat until you mix it together..
- Turn on your oven to preheat.
- Add the ornamental ingredients. Add vanilla extract or any other flavour of your choice and stir with wooden spatula till everything is well incorporate..
- Pour the cake mixture into the greased cake pan..
- Baking time. Bake for at least 2 hours before you open the oven door and check the cake..
- Cool and decorate. Once the cake is done bring it out of the oven and leave it for about 5 – 10 minutes or a day if your not decorating it on that day till it cool down completely before decorating..
- Fondant making.
- Sieve icing sugar into a large bowl,add CMC, make a well in the center and set aside..
- Next,pour the water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top to soak for about 5 minutes..
- Heat up the sauce pan and stir until the gelatin is clear and completely dissolved but don't boil it then turn off the heat..
- Preparing your baking pan. When your done with creaming,prepare your cake pan by rubbing the inside with soft butter and then put some flour into the greased pan, make sure the flour touches every part..
- Add glucose into the dissolved gelatin and stir until well blended now add flavour and mix well. Tip:add colour at this point.(Optional)..
- Pour the mixture into the well of icing sugar (in step 1) and mix until all of the sugar is well incorporated..
- Dust the work table with some of the extra icing sugar (corn flour) and transfer the icing sugar mixture onto the table. If fondant is too sticky add more icing sugar but if it turns out hard add a little of water or butter..
- Finally form into a ball and tightly wrap up the fondant in a nylon and plastic bag and placed in a container (DO NOT REFRIDEGRATE). Then after some hours you can bring it out and decorate your cake..
Fondant icing, also commonly referred to simply as fondant (/ˈfɒndənt/, from the French: [fɔ̃dɑ̃] listen ), is an icing used to decorate or sculpt cakes and pastries. It is made from sugar, water, gelatin, vegetable fat or shortening, and glycerol. Watercolor Fondant Cake – my birthday cake this year. Layers of chocolate cake, brushed with raspberry syrup, homemade chocolate whipped cream and covered with hand painted "watercolor". Answer The best cake to use when covering with fondant is a cake that is firm.