Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup.
You can make Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- Prepare of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- You need of carrots or about 14 baby carrots, chopped.
- Prepare of regular (unflavored, unsweetened) non dairy milk.
- Prepare of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- Prepare of nutritional yeast.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of onion powder.
- It’s of pepper.
- Prepare of paprika.
- You need of broccoli florets.
Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup instructions
- In 2 separate pots, bring water to boil..
- Cube carrots and potatoes..
- In one pot, add the carrots and potatoes. In the other pot, place a mesh strainer in that hangs over pot edges and above water, and place broccoli in strainer to steam..
- Cover both pots and cook for 10-15 minutes until potatoes and carrots are soft..
- Remove potatoes and carrots from heat and place in blender. Add a 2:1 ratio of dairy free milk to vegetable stock (ex. 1/2 cup milk + 1/4 cup stock) until liquid almost covers veggies. The exact ratio will depend on how big or small your potatoes are..
- Add nutritional yeast, lemon, salt, pepper, and remaining spices to blender..
- Blend on high speed for a minute until soup runs smooth..
- Pour soup into large serving bowl or straight into chowing vessels and add steamed broccoli. Makes 2 just soup servings, or 4 side servings..
recipe by lilsquirrely @cookpad