Vickys Pear & Chocolate Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Pear & Chocolate Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Pear & Chocolate Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of medium sized firm but ripe pears, diced.
- Prepare of pear, white grape or apple juice.
- Prepare of soft brown sugar.
- You need of sunflower spread / butter.
- Prepare of raisins (optional).
- You need of plain / gluten-free flour.
- It’s of baking soda / bicarb.
- You need of ground cinnamon (or ginger).
- It’s of xanthan gum if using gf flour.
- It’s of chocolate chips – I use the Enjoy Life brand or Moo-Free brand.
- It’s of chopped pecans, almonds or walnuts (optional).
- You need of vanilla extract.
Vickys Pear & Chocolate Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Bring the diced pears, juice, sugar, butter and raisins (if adding) to the boil in a saucepan. Turn down the heat and let simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, chocolate chips and xanthan gum / chopped nuts if using those too – if not you don't need to replace the nuts or raisins, they're just an optional extra.
- Stir in the cooled pan mixture and vanilla until combined.
- Divide evenly between the cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of a cake comes away clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack then enjoy!.
- Keep in an airtight container. The juice content will make them a little sticky on top as time passes but they freeze well.
- Just for info, in my original apple cupcake recipe I use 1 large cooking apple, apple juice and a whole teaspoon of cinnamon. The rest of the ingredients/directions are the same.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad