Fondant lemon cake#fondant challenge. Get Inspired On Our Official Site. Cover the cake with the marzipan and transfer it to an upturned bowl or saucer on a tray, so the edges of the cake overhang the bowl, but it is stable. Mix enough water into the fondant icing sugar to make a thick icing.
Lemon zest is added to the batter. The cake is sprinkled with a sugary lemon syrup for added flavor and moistness. The cake is filled with fresh home made English lemon curd And the buttercream used to ice the cake is flavored with lemon zest and or English. You can have Fondant lemon cake#fondant challenge using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fondant lemon cake#fondant challenge
- You need of Lemon cake.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of margarine.
- Prepare of self raising flour.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of Juice and rid of 1 lemon.
- It’s of sour cream.
- You need of buttercream.
- It’s of margarine.
- It’s of icing sugar.
- It’s of milk or cream.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of fondant.
- You need of gelatin.
- Prepare of cold water.
- It’s of sifted icing sugar.
- You need of shortening.
- You need of glycerine.
- Prepare of glucose powder.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
This Lemon Cake Recipe is so luscious and fluffy. This Triple Lemon Cake recipe is easy and so, so good. A fluffy, sweet and perfectly tangy lemon cake topped with homemade buttercream frosting. I have been meaning to post this recipe for Triple Lemon Cake for a while now.
Fondant lemon cake#fondant challenge step by step
- Follow my lemon cake on the app for procedure..
- Assemble your cakes and crumb coat with buttercream..
- Prep your ingredients.
- Bloom gelatin in 1/4 cup water in a steel bowl let it sit till well bloomed.
- Melt the gelatin, then add glucose,vanilla and glycerine stir to mix well.
- Add shortening and mix till dissolved.set aside to slightly cool then prepare a well in the icing sugar divided 4 cups first the rest you add as you knead.
- Pour gelatin mixture in the sugar and mix with a wooden spoon then transfer on a surface continue kneading with hands as you add icing until a dough like if formed and its not sticking to your hands..
- Divide the fondant and color if using powder mix with a drop of glycerine and Color your fondant kneading well to incorporate the colours. Rub some shortening on the fondant and wrap with a cling film n let it rest..
- When using the Fondant to cover cake knead again and roll on a floured surface with icing or cornflour keep turning to ensure it doesn't stick. I forgot to take the picture of my green fondant but I have this one below of another step..
- Lift your Fondant carefully and place it on top of cake then use a smoother and your hands to smoothen the sides. Cut excess fondant.
- I rolled my gold fondant and cut the ribbons with a ribbon cutter I also embossed the flowers.use little water to brush the bottom part of the fondant where to place the ribbons..
- White Flowers I cut the strips with ribbon cutter and made ruffles with a modelling rod then rolled to make roses the other I used a plague cutter.
- Place your Flowers on the cake for finishing..
However I've been busy baking it over and over for my parents' birthdays. Lemon Fiesta Cake "This was a big brunch hit! Incredibly moist and bright." – gwyn. Old-Fashioned Lemon Pound Cake "This is an old recipe that my grandmother always made. It goes great with coffee and is quick and easy to make." – Cookin Mama.