Chocolate with ground nuts cake covered in fondant. Stacked chocolate and banana cakes covered in fondant! Both my cake and cake tee in this episode are inspired by the classic "I HEART NY" T-shirt. If you ever have the pleasure of visiting New York City you should definitely pick one up for yourself.
Fondant-covered cakes have a smooth, professional look that's easy to achieve. This frosting layer helps the fondant stick to the cake and smooths out any bumps or imperfections on the. Experience the world of cake decorating like never before with Cake Central Magazine! You can have Chocolate with ground nuts cake covered in fondant using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate with ground nuts cake covered in fondant
- Prepare of icing sugar.
- Prepare of glycerine.
- You need of gelatin.
- It’s of shortening.
- It’s of glucose powder.
- You need of cold water.
- Prepare of orange oil.
- Prepare of For crumb coating.
- Prepare of parts icing sugar.
- It’s of part butter.
When you purchase a digital subscription to Cake Central Magazine, you will get an instant and automatic download of the most recent issue. Answer The best cake to use when covering with fondant is a cake that is firm. My first choice is the best carrot cake recipe on this website with butercream or cream cheese filling. I have also used the chocolate cake recipe and the white wedding cake recipe many times with great success.
Chocolate with ground nuts cake covered in fondant step by step
- Prepare your ingredients…..sift your icing sugar and set a side….
- Using a steel bowl….sprinkle gelatin into the water leave it for 10mins to bloom….
- When bloomed add glucose powder, shortening, and glycerine…..
- Add drops of orange oil for extra flavour…..put in a double boiler to warm….
- Create a well in you icing sugar, pour your gelatin mixture little by little using you hand knead….work faster at this point…..now transfer to a clean flat surface.
- Knead on a flat surface until not that sticky….cover in a clinc film….leave it to rest over night to use the next day..
- Remember our chocolate nuts cake…..crumb coat with butter cream ratio of 2:1……knead fondant alittle before rolling…..roll out according to the size of your cake…..now cover your cake.
- Cut out extra fondant, using smoothers to straighten your cake…….roll out again the cut out fondant and cover your board….apply some butter cream before you stuck you cake.
- Decorate as desired I used the quilt mold below to make the pattern on the cake……enjoy!.
Cover the cake generously with buttercream icing by piling it on top of the cake and easing it across the top and sides. Be sure to fill all the gaps when Make sure your work surface is clean and free of any crumbs. Dust liberally with cornflour or icing sugar. Knead fondant icing for a couple of minutes to. Nuts Shape DIY Fondant Cake Chocolate Decor Silicone Mold Baking Kitchen Tool silicone mold cake decorating tools Cake Mold.