Vickys Pear and Apple Upside-Down Cake, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can have Vickys Pear and Apple Upside-Down Cake, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Pear and Apple Upside-Down Cake, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- Prepare of (800g) pear halves in syrup.
- You need of plain flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of baking soda/bicarb of soda.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of sunflower oil.
- You need of apple juice.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of brown sugar for sprinkling.
Vickys Pear and Apple Upside-Down Cake, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease and line a 10" round tin.
- Drain the syrup from the pears and set it aside. Arrange the pear halves cut side down on the base of the tin.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Combine the sugar, oil, apple juice, syrup from the drained pears and vanilla in another then add to the dry ingredients and mix in.
- Pour over the pears into the cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Turn out by placing a large plate over the top of the cake tin and flipping it over.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Delicious pudding served with custard or cream and keeps very well in the fridge.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad