Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy.
You can make Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy
- You need 1 c. of flour.
- You need 3 T. of olive oil.
- Prepare of FOR HAMBURGER STEAKS:.
- It’s 1-1/2 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/4 c. of bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of large onion, minced fine.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 6 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled.
- You need of FOR GRAVY:.
- It’s 1 of large onion, sliced.
- It’s 2 c. of fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 c. of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 c. of water.
- Prepare 1/4 c. of flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Better Than Bouillon beef concentrate.
Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy step by step
- In a large bowl combine all the hamburger steak ingredients together well. Shape into 6 patties. Dip each into flour, coating well on all sides..
- Over medium-high, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Fry burgers until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside, reserving all the pan drippings for the gravy..
- In the skillet with the drippings, over medium heat, add the sliced onions and stir to coat well. Add sliced mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until lightly caramelized, about 20-30 minutes..
- While onions and mushrooms are cooking, in a medium bowl whisk together the rest of the gravy ingredients..
- Pour the liquid gravy mixture into the skillet with the caramelized onions and mushrooms. Stirring constantly, heat over medium until mixture begins to thicken..
- Return the hamburger steaks to the skillet, flipping a few times to coat with the gravy. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook covered for 20 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes to keep well coated..
- Serve with your favorite potatoes recipe, or noodles, or rice..
recipe by Maggie Conlon Martin @cookpad