Salt Dough Ornaments. These Salt Dough Handprint ornaments are our most popular salt dough ornament. See how to make these adorable handprint keepsakes! And for another ornament idea – make these salt dough.
Gradually add water, stirring with a large spoon. For many families, making salt dough ornaments is a long-standing tradition. There's nothing better than using your creativity to decorate the Christmas tree or make DIY gifts for the grandparents. You can cook Salt Dough Ornaments using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salt Dough Ornaments
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of water.
Salt dough ornaments are a fun and easy DIY Christmas decoration. Your kids will love creating this classic holiday craft—and they only take three ingredients to make. Make special memories with this simple and fun Salt Dough Ornament Recipe. Learn how to make salt dough ornaments so easy the entire family can help!
Salt Dough Ornaments step by step
- Mix all three ingredients together, adding the water last. If the dough isn't mixing together we'll add more water until it's a dough like consistency. Add flour if it's too sticky afterward. Heat the oven to 200 '.
- Roll out dough on to your counter top with sprinkled flour on the counter & use a cookie cutter or hands to create shapes of your choice such as trees, snowmen, or a circle. Make sure the dough is thin when making the ornaments & don't forget to cut holes with a straw for the string after!.
- Leave in the oven for about 45 minutes. Let the ornaments cool off and then paint & decorate the way you'd like & let them dry! Then just tie some string through the hole cut previously and then they're ready to hang on the tree!.
Use this recipe to make salt dough ornaments that double as personalized gift tags – both kids and adults will love this EASY craft. You'll make salt dough according to the. A Salt Dough Ornament recipe to enjoy making with your friends and family. Salt Dough Ornaments are easy to make – and personalize using your fingerprint, cookie cutters and more! Salt dough ornaments are Christmas ornaments made out of baked dough.